Golden Gate Sunrise

After a whirlwind start to 2015, I'm excited to share that I've officially relocated to the West Coast! I'm now based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and still shooting food & drink, events, lifestyle and travel stories in my neighborhood, across the country and internationally. After over five years living and working in New York City, I finally decided to "take the plunge" and pursue my dream of living in California. I can't wait to take on new assignments here and explore the vast Pacific Coast. If you're not already, you can follow me on Instagram for more shots from my adventures: @ginnymae. Apologies in advance for the surge in beach sunset photos... ;) Speaking of which...

Jet-lag can be a wonderful thing. I love when I'm up early enough to catch the sunrise, though let's face it- that doesn't happen very often. But I'm still running on New York time and have had the pleasure of waking up before 5am each morning. Rather than lay awake in bed, I decided to drive across the Golden Gate Bridge in the dark hours of the AM to watch the sunrise, and what a gorgeous sight it was! We parked at the top of Hawk Hill in the Marin Headlands, which was surprisingly busy for 6:30am on a weekday. It was so quiet up there, with just the wind and the crows and all of us standing in silence waiting for the sun. I wish I could do this every day!

Sunrise in San Francisco

Sunrise in San Francisco
Sunrise in San Francisco
Sunrise in San Francisco
Sunrise in San Francisco
Sunrise in San Francisco
Sunrise in San Francisco
Sunrise in San Francisco
Sunrise in San Francisco
Sunrise in San Francisco
Sunrise in San Francisco
Sunrise in San Francisco

After our sunrise (and about 1,000 photos later) we drove down to Point Bonita Lighthouse (which was closed), grabbed breakfast in Sausalito & said hi to the seal lions, took a traffic detour via Treasure Island to Berkeley and made a quick stop in SF along the coastal highway.

Sunrise in San Francisco
Sunrise in San FranciscoSunrise in San Francisco
Sunrise in San Francisco
Sunrise in San FranciscoSunrise in San Francisco
Sunrise in San Francisco
Sunrise in San FranciscoSunrise in San Francisco
Sunrise in San Francisco
Sunrise in San Francisco
Sunrise in San Francisco
Sunrise in San Francisco