The Decemberists with Best Coast at Prospect Park Bandshell


Last month I had the pleasure of seeing (and shooting) the Decemberists show at Prospect Park Bandshell. Even though I've been a big fan of them for awhile, this was actually my first time seeing them live and it was great! It poured rain through the entire Best Coast opener, but the park was still packed with umbrellas awaiting the show. Thankfully the rain stopped just after The Decemberists took the stage and Colin Meloy demanded that the rain stop, and lucky for us in the crowd, it didn't come back. This was also my first show at Prospect Park, and I think it is definitely one of my favorite venues. The sound and acoustics were fantastic, compared to so many other crappy, overpriced venues I've been to in the City (*ahem* Terminal 5). It was the best show I've been to in a long time and I can't wait to see them again, perhaps later this month at the Newport Folk Festival?









And here are some shots of Best Coast and the soggy crowd: